Speed is one of the things that people consider when buying cars. Speed provides a true sensation. If you want to enjoy top speeds from a vehicle, you will have to use a supercar. Supercars are expensive, but the fastest of all vehicles. Here are the top ten fastest supercars.
1. Bugatti Veyron
This hypercar can attain a top speed of 270 mph on a track. It can accelerate from 0-60 in 2.4 seconds. No other vehicle can do this. The sports car was once featured in the Guinness Book of Worlds of Records. So what makes Bugatti Veyron the fastest car in the world? Here it is.
– 8-liter quad-turbocharged W16 Engine.
– 1200 horsepower.
– Top notch body parts.
– Designed for the best function ability and performance.
2. Hennessey Venom GT
Some people have touted the Venom GT as the world’s fastest exotic car. But with an average top speed of 268 mph, the car definitely comes second. The supercar can go from 0-200 in 15 seconds. See what makes the Hennessey car a speedy vehicle.
– Rear drive 7.0-liter twin-turbocharged V8 engine.
– 1244 horsepower.
– Intercooler upgrades with single-clutch shift system.
– Sophisticated exterior and interior design.
3. SSC Ultimate Aero
The Shelby supercars (SSC) are some of the fastest vehicles in the world. This model can attain 256 mph, which is not a surprise given that it comes with amazing specs such as:
– 6.3-liter twin-turbocharged V8 engine.
– 1237 horsepower.
– Design upgrades that feature enhanced aerodynamics.
– Aero brake system.
4. Koenigsegg Agera R
The Swedish hypercar can travel at 253 mph, a speed attributed to factors such as:
– Lightweight 5-liter turbocharged V8 engine.
– 1140 horsepower and 810 lb-ft of torque.
– Dual clutch transmission in one input shaft.
– Aerodynamically-designed body.
5. Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo
This is a hand-built supercar and is available in limited production. A maximum speed of 250 mph has been recorded from this car. These are the reasons for the car’s top speed.
– Light-weight body.
– 7-liter twin turbo V8 engine.
– 750 horsepower.
– Race quality functionality.
6. McLaren F1
This car once held the record of the world’s fastest car. It can travel at 241 mph and accelerate from 0-60 in 3.2 seconds. This speed is attributed to top notch features such as:
– 6.1-liter BMW M V12 engine.
– Carbon-fiber body.
– Aerodynamic body.
7. Zenvo ST 1
With a maximum speed of 233 mph, this Danish hypercar is one of top ten fastest supercars. It can go from 0-60 in 3 seconds. The ST 1’s speed is possible with these features.
– 6.8-liter V8 engine.
– Carbon fiber body.
– Telescopic steering wheel system.
8. Aston Martin One-77
One of the incredibly fast cars, Aston Martin One-77 can attain 220 mph. The exotic car comes with amazing features that improve its speed significantly. Some of the features include:
– 7.3-liter V12 engine.
– Race-inspired body designs.
9. Ferrari LaFerrari
This is a hybrid supercar with a top speed of 217 mph. It is one of the most efficient performance cars. Its top speed is attributed to:
– 6.3-liter V12 engine.
– Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems (KERS)
– 950 horsepower.
– Instantaneous response.
10. Pagani Huayra
This Italian exotic car is one of the newest in the world of fastest cars. It has a top speed of about 215 mph, and can go from 0-60 in 3.2 seconds. The speed is facilitated by factors such as:
– 6-liter twin turbo, V12 engine.
– 730 horsepower & 738 lb-ft of torque.
– 7 speed gearbox.